Wednesday 26 February 2014

Question 3

What have you learned from your audience feedback?

The following is a video of where me and 3 people from my focus group - Jodie, Carly and Ashleigh - met with me to have a full discussion on what they thought.



To expand a little further I'd say that the Uses and Gratifications theory (Blumbler and Katz) is relevent here. Clearly the girls enjoyed what they saw, especially when it came to the video. This provides for them entertainment through the form of humour as it takes a topic people hate and changes it to appear stupid and not worth the worry without making us feel the stupid one (as it is clearly directed to be Lucy).
And in terms of looking at this from the cultural studies approach I'd say that the girls took the preferred reading and took this as something to be laughed at. They found the humor where I'd wanted it to found.

No comments:

Post a Comment